For Nokia Belle/ Nokia Belle FP1/ Nokia Belle FP2
Dorian is an open-source (Maemo Garage) ebook reader app and is the predecessor of Ionic. While the UI looks a bit dated, it provides a feature which is not present in Ionic: a fullscreen reading mode, where you can tap on the top right corner of the screen to progress to the next page and press on the lower left side to go back. (to exit fullscreen, press on the lower right part). There also is a button which quickly switches the screen orientation (because the app doesn’t use the accelerometer sensor). Otherwise, the options are pretty similar.
If you do not need these features, I recommend that you use Ionic, as it was designed for Nokia Belle.
Dorian is an e-book reader for EPUB format books. Its key features are:
- Easy book reading, navigating book contents with touch or volume keys
- Organizing books into library
- Importing local books
- Searching and downloading books from the Internet
- Chapter navigation
- Bookmarks with notes
- Multiple color and font styles
- Portrait and landscape modes
- Full screen reading
Note: For Nokia phones running Meego or Symbian Belle, check out the Ionic E-book Reader instead. Ionic is a port of Dorian, with a new, modern UI, available from the Nokia Store.
Site link: http://dorian.garage.maemo.org/
- Developer: Akos Polster ; Also see Steps
- Version 0.4.4 (09.01.2011)
- Certificate expires on 03.10.2019
- Size: 602 KB